Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peace of Heart

"We are never more than one grateful thought away from peace of heart."
~~ Brother David Steindl-Rast

This was in my inbox this morning as my 'word' of the day--that is quite a message.

Let's see...

For my health...
...my cup of coffee
...the car I drove into work
...the family I left sleeping
...the way the moon looked cast against the early morning sky
...the sound of the birds during yoga nidra this morning
...for the general peace I feel
...for my commitment to yoga
...for the unexpected changes it takes me through
...for the job I have and the people I serve
...for the love in my heart
...for the love all around me
...for money in the bank
...for knowing that it will be alright, life may not not be perfect but life is good
...for glimpses of clarity and surges of joy

When you really think about it, there is so much to be grateful for, however small--don't measure it, just go with it...add it up.

No comments: