Friday, June 5, 2009

Serendipitous timing...

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting--E. E. Cummings

At times it feels as if the universe is perfectly synched with the ebb and flow of me. Especially when I open my morning 'word', a gratitude-themed email I signed up to receive, and E. E. Cummings presents with words that could not have been more aptly timed.

Just this morning I had been feeling as if I had come out of alignment following an evening with friends, like I was not authentically me. Of course, there was wine and that was a significant contribution to the misalignment, nevertheless, as someone who has struggled for a lifetime to be authentic, this didn't sit well with me.

During the evening, I felt guarded and hyper-aware, almost as if I was an observer watching the whole night unfold, observing the interaction of characters and carefully following the dialogue.

The bottom line is this--it's okay to be me and to rest in the space of 'me', finding presence and letting go of inhibitions.

I am wonderfully enough. I am bountiful and beautiful and I seek the purity of effortlessness. And when 'the words' come into my life at precisely the moment I need affirmation of such, I am reminded that this universe and I are in sacred harmony with one another.

Namaste'

No comments: