Friday, August 21, 2009

The alarm...

So this morning, for the first time in a very long time, my alarm did not go off...or, at least I'm not quite sure what happened. I vaguely remember it sounding, then I flung my arm over with the intent to snooze but could have inadvertently pressed another button in my haze.

Nevertheless, I woke with a start without even looking at the clock--I knew. I knew because I NEVER wake to daylight during the week. I'm usually well into my practice when the sun makes its appearance.

8:30 AM

In order to make it to work with enough time to log my 7 hours and still have an evening for myself, I had to jump right into 'go' mode. Augh.

No like.

I felt defeated and deflated--it doesn't help that I am on the cusp of my moon cycle and everything defeats me during the onset.

In all of my drama, I did roll out my mat to give myself at least 20 minutes of conscious quiet. For about 10 minutes, I laid back over a bolster to open my chest, keeping my butt grounded to create an arch in my lower back begging the flow of my cycle down. For the last 10 minutes, I sat...with my breath.

Then I made my way to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and a quick email check--no sense in rushing now, it is what it is.

I suppose, in hindsight, I handled the befuddlement of my expectations with grace and in truth, I was relieved to not have an asana practice this morning. Because of my impending moon cycle, my body is screaming for rest and restoration...and breathable stretchy fabric so that my watery roundness can expand comfortably.

No comments: