Monday, September 21, 2009

Identity

Imagine cramming yourself into such a puny box of identity when you could experience your infinitude instead--Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert

I got chills when I read this last night because it aptly expresses why I purposely AVOID identifying with titles or limiting myself to a description of who I am by way of titles.

I am so much more than the lousy array of boxes I could put myself in--woman, mother, advocate, writer, blah-phooey-blah. I resist them, oh god, I resist them!

I am far too dynamic to be suffocated in a compartment to make classification and sorting easier, to accentuate the magnification of our alleged differences or to make sense of what is yet understood.

I dare you to reach out and beyond to
me

reveling in the shades of subtlety
shattering your concept of
identity.


Namaste'

No comments: