Thursday, July 29, 2010

Waiting to fall...

Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused - African Proverb

I want to be loved like this - I want someone to be able to see beyond my mistakes to my potential, to my hope.

To see beyond the darkness to my light...

To see my beauty through my tears, my ugliness or limitations...

To see and believe in my wholeness through the jagged fragments...

To see my innocence when I fuck up, get it wrong and fall face first, tripping on my own humanness...

To believe in my purpose, when I have no reason to believe in it myself...

I have high expectations...because I am worthy - I have lived my life with grace, which doesn't mean never fucking up or failing those I love but moving forward through it all because there is simply no other choice.

Life is ephemeral...

No comments: