Friday, January 16, 2009

Infusion Yoga

In my practice today, I 'infused' each sun salutation with an intention--something I want to manifest in my life, in my being: Patience, mindfulness, compassion, love, peace...you get the idea.

For me, it was a great way to raise my awareness to the seed of each that I have within me just waiting to be tapped into, just waiting to be called forth.

When saluting peace, I took my mind to a peaceful center, imagined what peace felt like in the body, how peace might move, how peace might breathe--I became peace.

When saluting compassion, I invited it into my being--I imagined two individuals who have hurt me recently. Both represent periods I'm trying to resolve within me so that I may forgive and move forward. It's trickier than I thought it might be but I'm really open to the lesson here. So I took my mind to compassion--I saw their humanness, their fallibility and recognized the 'them' in me.

I've been very frazzled lately and my practice today was a welcome alignment of mind, body and spirit.

To 'infuse' your practice is to summon forth the seeds of potential inside of you and birth them into reality, into presence.

Namaste'

No comments: