Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting out of my own way...

As I heal and recover and move toward the SEVA challenge that I committed to last week, I am confronted with my biggest obstacle.

Myself.

"What needs to change" was the question in my meditation newsletter this evening.

So, "what needs to change?"

I need to get out of my own way.

I need to unfold into healing and physical recovery by not musing over where I was, by not making comparisons that devalue where I am right now.  I need to move forward on my challenge and not talk myself out of my potential one week in.  I need to align my heart with my purpose and simply move forward.

I need to get out of my head and into my heart, into my soul.

I need to silence that voice inside telling me I could never do this or that, it's much too large a task, too short a time, too impossible a chance.

I need a new voice--one that supports and inspires my will to see this through, my desire to transcend the mat-bound practice I have developed, to pray for abundance so that I may serve others and inspire action in my local community.

"I found my purpose by going straight into what scared me.  Whatever brings you to the mat...will be the place from where you serve.--Seane Corn

Namaste'


No comments: