Monday, August 9, 2010

Couch Surfing

So amid my heartbreak, there are small windows of feeling human - more than numb.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I went for a long, intense bike ride with friends - got to move, got to sweat, got to breathe - for the ride I felt alive...it was nice.

As I arrived home and unloaded my bike from my trunk, my neighbor was parking and the car emptied of about five people. Some locals but three of them were from Germany - they greeted me with bright smiles and 'hello neighbor' in their thick accents.

One of the guys was pretty interested in my tattoo and we talked for a bit. My neighbor explained that they were 'couch surfers' - basically, he and his girlfriend signed up to host people that travel from their homes - all over the world - and the travellers sleep on the couches of their hosts.

Very interesting - very bohemian...I love it. A nice smile in the middle of my evening...a necessary distraction.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: