Monday, March 24, 2008

Financial Yoga

Ahimsa:

A sanskrit term, meaning non-violence. The yogic principle of proceeding in peace, not causing harm to self or others.

Well, as of this morning, I am practicing ahimsa with my finances as I have allowed them to cause much harm to my mind and well-being for the last year.

My first step in my financial yoga was to ask for a rate reduction on ALL of my credit cards. Two companies complied, one with a more significant rate reduction than the other but they both came down. One credit card wouldn't budge--I had been with them for 10 years with a consistently good payment history. This response was unacceptable but it did solve the problem of which card to cut first. So I took a deep breath and I calmly asked the representative to close the card.

When I got off the phone, I cut the card into 4 pieces and I will place it in a box on my alter awaiting the others when their time comes. A reminder to myself that I have taken the first step to liberating my income, of making my money closer to mine again.

One down, two to go. Fortunately, I have not allowed myself to become drowned by credit debit and I am blissed to be acting on it early.

Financial yoga.

Om.

No comments: