Thursday, July 10, 2008

Better than coffee...

Needed to wake up today as I sat for an hour and a half in the doctor's office for an unexpected appt. to check my son for strep throat. Turns out, he doesn't have it--yay!

However, as I sat there, I was excruciatingly tired. My body was fatigued from the sitting and the waiting.

I rose and proceeded to move my spine through its full range of motion. Side to side, front to back and twists on each side.

A full charge of energy ran through me and I'm convinced it restored my stamina for the waiting and why I'm able to blog AND cook dinner at the same now right now.

Spine Flow:

Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon) to the left and then the right
Standing back bend
Uttanasana (Forward fold)
With left hand grounded on floor, twisting right fingertips toward ceiling for twist, then...
With right hand grounded on floor, twisting left fingertips toward ceiling for twist.

Turns out, you really can practice yoga anywhere.

Ahh...Namaste.

No comments: