Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"It's not about you..."

This morning, I listened to an interview with Kira Ryder at iHanuman.com. During the course of the interview, Kira and the interviewer shared an exchange on teaching yoga and those moments or aftermaths of "I sucked" or "...god that was terrible" or those general feelings of inadequacy to the task.

They each shared personal experiences and I listened, shaking my head in agreement and understanding, recalling my own experiences of such.

Kira shared so eloquently how she is working toward moving past these feelings. In a nutshell, she said it's not about you (the teacher) so get out of your way, get out of their way, this teaching thing is more about 'sharing' than teaching and when we share, we experience together, we explore the practice and it's fruit.

Thank you Kira--I needed to hear that.

The full interview can be accessed here.

No comments: