Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hmmm...

This morning, following a gentle yet invigorating moon cycle practice, I laid back over a couple of pillows, elevating my upper body and opening my chest and rested my legs over a bolster. I felt like I was being held and I melted into the surrender.

The music on Pandora provided a meditative background for the first few minutes and then a song more suited for another day's vinyasa flow came on and the meditation became a struggle...appropriate.

Breathe through it...

Lesson? As much as you are craving that sweet peace of stillness that manifests in the final meditation, roll off your butt Tina and turn off the music (especially Pandora!) to eliminate the risk that an ill-suited song or commercial will rattle the mood.

Then again, Pandora just might be the ultimate meditation tool.

No comments: